Sunday 26 October 2014

Sunday, 26th October 2014 - I feel like a new person.

The events of the last couple of weeks have taken a positive toll on me and I have finally been offered and accepted a job. Now that I know how hard it was to get a job I am certainly not going to jeopardise it by drinking and screwing it up. Thankfully, the job is away from any temptation not close to any bars or supermarkets and straight off the motorway in the suburbs. I know that I will be successful this time. I just know it.

I have also spent the last two weeks doing a volunteer work at the local Hospice Shop for one morning a week. I am thrilled that my new job will not take me away from the volunteer work as I will be working 4 days for paid work and one morning volunteering giving me an afternoon to catch up on chores before the weekend. I will be busy, but I need to be because the "not been busy" or not feeling like I had a purpose has fuelled the drinking over the years and the longer I have been out of work the lower my self-esteem went, the less motivated I was and therefore the more I drank.

I am back to day 3 again today but that is Ok. I am confident that I can avoid the dreaded alcohol from now on as it is my only chance to get my career back on track.

Today has been a very productive day with hubby and I and our youngest outside in the garden cleaning up. I was really pleased with my youngest child as she normally slops around the house on the weekend in pjs, watching tv and eating but today she motivated herself and was up and dressed by 10am! Yesterday she decided that should would help me and did some vacuuming and washed the floors and then got inspired and mowed the lawns. She did a great job of everything and I told her how much we appreciated her efforts and how much we enjoyed pottering around with her.

My son also lifted his butt yesterday and helped hubby lay concrete.  My middle child has spent most of the weekend away but she is coming home early tomorrow (midday) because it is a public holiday and she has been told she needs to come and chip in as well.

I am actually really surprised because we have not had the normal grumbling and I think that everyone is feeling the positive energy of me finally securing a job. I think it has lifted everyones spirits.

But, and there is a big but, I need to keep focused, not get stressed, live in the moment, not buy into other peoples bullshit and visit my sober cyber community and blog as often as I can and support as many people as I can. I know what I am like that if I get stressed or complacent because that is when I put myself in danger and then get the "Fuck its" and the rest is a disaster.

This is definately a new beginning for me and my family and I feel really positive about it.

xx


1 comment:

  1. I am so pleased for you and proud that you've secured a job. I knew you had it in you. Stay close. We are now both at the beginning of our sobriety. We can help each other along. The volunteer work is what will keep you feeling wonderful and loving yourself. Stay with it! Soooo soooo pleased.

    ReplyDelete