Wednesday 17 September 2014

Wednesday, 17th September 2014. Spring has definitely sprung!

I love spring. I love the light mornings and the warmer days but still the crisp evenings so that you can sleep well, I love the spring flowers, the birds singing and the smell of freshly cut grass. I am loving it even more because I a not drinking my way through spring. I am enjoying each day as it comes. Some are good days and some are not so good but, that is life, isn't it? Don't get me wrong, I am not a saint and I have had the odd drink in the last couple of weeks but nothing to the extent I was drinking. I really don't want to drink at all so I need to be vigilant to put things in front of that bloody bottle.

I have been a bit low about the work situation (or lack of) because I hate having to watch our pennies. Not that we were extravagant necessarily but we could normally afford to take the kids somewhere out of the country for a couple weeks a year. They are very fortunate as they have been to OZ quite a lot, England, France and USA. They don't actually realise how lucky they have been as I never got on an aeroplane until I was 19 and that was a 1 hour domestic flight. Their cousins have not been on a plane at all and the furthest they have travelled is to Auckland. With my lack of income and costs involved in drinking - lawyers, fines, inability to get employment, accidents etc it has really stretched us financially to the point we actually almost rang completely out of cash last month!

I have applied for a number of jobs and have been fortunate to get to the "interview stage" and have quite often been second choice. Second choice is great but does not get you the job. Some people have suggested perhaps I set up a mobile accounting service and I might investigate doing that but I am a bit embarrassed because of my drinking and I really don't know how much it will affect me getting work but I suppose if I don't try it and I wont have any chance of  proving myself. So I have decided to "strike while the iron is hot" and go and put an add in the local rag and see what happens.

I am already feeling more positive and will get out into the garden and perhaps go for a walk.


2 comments:

  1. Yay,that is so cool Cherie! Once you have a client or two word of mouth will do the rest.Lovely to read such a positive blog.Spring is my favorite season too.Pretty flowers,blossoms and no flies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, Cherie... being an entrepreneur allows you freedom which is so important in life. You have to fake confidence until you feel it. You have been so encouraging to me with my struggles and I appreciate it very much. You have a lot to offer the world; it's up to you to get out there and strut your stuff. We are in the beginning of the FALL and it's getting down to 0 celcius tonight. Yikes!! Trailer life just took on a whole new dimension. Go girl!!! Use the rejuvenation of spring to light a fire under your butt. Keep at it. xoxo

    ReplyDelete