Thursday 18 September 2014

Poor Me, Poor Me - Don't you Pour Me a Drink Because I don't Bloody Want it

How to start this post.

Grrrrr fucken Grrrrrr F F F F - Get the idea that I am little peeved?

Ok, I have had my bubble burst. I was so keen to get myself "up and running" again I proposed an Ad in the local rag. I was proud of the Ad, I got mum to have an honest opinion and had her comments on board. I submitted the Ad and it was great but just pay $150+. I can't afford that and now I feel stupid because me being an Accountant in my previous life knows that - Advertising is the key". We don't have the cash, the credit or anything and I am once again feeling like I have let everyone down. I even got a rejection today from a "bookkeeping" firm to say "They could not take on qualified accountants and would not (WOULD NOT) take anyone on who would make them embarrassed. Fair enough I say. But how do I reinvent myself without making a "dick" (or more of a dick) of myself. Do I need to relocate?

1 comment:

  1. I assume you live in a small town. Yikes. You have to keep trying. The downer responses will come in and in among them eventually you will get an offer. Try to stay positive. You have to hold your head up high and be proud of your sober time. If your village is close to another town, you may want to post an ad in their rag. Life can be so unfair. xoxo Keeping you in my thoughts, Cherie.

    ReplyDelete