Thursday 7 August 2014

Thursday 7th August, Evening post! A bloody good day:)

Well, here I am sitting at the computer it is is 6.50pm. We have had a disjointed dinner because everyone is in different stages of this horrible bug but it was dinner and everyone is happy.

Even though I feel like crap I am sober and to me that is a miracle. I did notice my husband discretely (not) searching through cupboards for wine bottles. Did I get pissed off? No, I had nothing to hide. Did he find any? No :).

So I blogged this morning that I was going to have a good day and I have. Firstly, I went onto the Living Sober Website at around 7.30am to see that there are huge amount of us out there. I have also had some awesome comments from people reading my blog but have been in the background but have touched base with me on this website.

I put a profile photo up and really, the only reason I did that is that my 13 year old daughter was looking at the website when I was in the shower. I am normally very secretive and embarrassed about my posting because I don't want my family to go through anymore grief than what they have. I accidentally left it up and she was looking through it and she said  "mum, you have to put a photo up because I can see you want to be sober and look at all these other people with photos too". Along comes the photo and she literally took it, cropped it and uploaded it. She also wrote the sobriety date on a pad of paper for me to hold up because -"that is what I should do and I should be proud". Honestly, I wonder whether this child is 13 or 30.

I posted on the website that I feel it is "just like running around in your birthday suit". You bare all.

So, I went for a drive in the new Santa Fe and of course the chap wanted to sell it to me. He was talking about bluetooth, heated seats, reversing camera - blah blah blah. i just want my Al Brown cookbook. I couldn't care less about the car, Yes it was nice, but for $60k I wouldn't buy it.

I took it home to show the kids and they were about as impressed as I was but I was sober and they were thrilled.

I just got a Danielle Stelele book out of the library and I have been in tears reading it. It is about her son who died at 19 through manic depression which is not dissimilar to alcoholic depression. It is also a good reminder.

Sober treat for today was just a bath and time by myself to read through blogs and the website.

Keep communicating fellow drinkers/non-drinkers.

Cherie xx



10 comments:

  1. Love this post - love it you have had such a great day, and love it that you posted your picture. You will see I have taken mine down. I am in quite a senior position and keep having visions of staff members finding my posts. Couldn't quite handle it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if staff members find it they may have the same issues as us. Why else would they be looking? Be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking the time you do to post, I love reading you journey, you are open and honest and real, and congrats for being sober again today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. How are you doing? Are you on Mrs D website?

      Delete
    2. Hi, yes def on Mrs D website, I am MsLSober, day 8 for me, just struggling to deal with uncomfortable and negative emotions, as before I would just drink, now I am raw and ill equipped. I would be fine if everyone was nice to me and did what I wanted all the time, but that is fantasy, just need tools to learn how to deal with reality sober.

      Delete
  4. Wow, your daughter is amazing. I haven't gotten brave enough to put up my pic, maybe soon, it might be anonymous. Good job and keep being strong!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post Cherie.Your daughter is amazing to be so supportive. It must feel great having her in your corner! See you on Mrs D's website! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post Cherie! Well done to your daughter for being so supportive. You will get there yet. I have complete confidence in you. Ax

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome post.Thanks for sharing your journey.xx

    ReplyDelete