Monday 30 June 2014

Monday 30th June 2014

Well I did not get time to write anything yesterday but I had a great great day. To start with it was a Sunday so no sports or shopping  - yippee. Our heater crapped out so my husband decided to look for a replacement on Trade-me". Bonus, he found one that was not too expensive and more modern than the one we had. It had the saem gas fitting so we could just plug it in and off it went. What a bargin we got and we wre all toasty warm - I have even had to turn it down as was cooking.

After we got over the heater,  it was  chores to do but then my poor mum text to say she had fried her toaster! So my husband and I thought that we would go looking for her to find a suitable replacement. The brilliant thing was that she wanted to come too! I know this might sound strange but that was the first time since our "blow-up" a few months back that we had really talked or seen each other face to face. We had been texting and things were thawing but it was a huge step for her to want to see me face to face.

I was thrilled but nervous too. The nervousness passed quickly and we had a great time taking mum to Briscoes, the to Millers (she got a couple warm tops) and then off to Dick Smiths to get her a new phone.

It is now 10.56am Monday 30 June 2014. Monday monster has hit but I am so determined to ignore, ignore, ignore. I have so much anger repressed from last week but I am going to have a good day. I am going to have a good day, I am going to have a good day.

Great things happened to me this morning. I had a lovely conversation with my mum. Her phone wasn't working and then she worked it out - clever lady. I spoke to mum for almost 30 mins and that is fab.

Why at 11..01am does it bother me that my lazy son can not (or more likely will not get out of bed).? I find that very de-motivating and hard to handle. What is my part in this, well my part has been alcohol and that has been their excuse.

So what shall I do?  School has phoned me to say girls are not at school. I dropped them off . It all gets too hard but you know what - I am holding onto my conversation with mum this morning. That made me feel normal.

I am back! I so love to say that :) . My inner child.  Bring on Arnie

Anyhow, it is now 4.26pm and I am sober - yippee. It was a real struggle for a while because (and I know I am making excuses) my lazy son would not get out of bed and still has not done any work on his studies today.  I could feel myself getting heated and I so wanted to go and get a drink but I focused on my good weekend and phoned my husband in tears (at work) again. Bleat, Bleat, bleat. At the end of the day it is my son who is screwing his life up and so why do I make that my problem? Because I am a "control freak". My father-inlaw called me that some years back and gosh I was offended and held resentments denying that I like to have control of everything. Again, I need to eat humble pie because he is correct in a way (well  I am not ready to fully concede yet!). I do like to know what is going on, I do want my kids to do as "I say" and "not as I do" and I do want to control the outcome. This part of me has changed significantly since the drinking got out of control. I always used to be intense thou  Maybe some of the reason is that when I get into "blackout" I don't remember and can't control anything so I try and control the things I do remember - Ummm reading this I thinking "nutcase".

I need to learn and practice (the practice bit is the key) that I cannot control other people, places and things. My kids are getting older and I can no longer control them. Apart from the dogs, I am the shortstop in the house - hahaha. I am coming from a very weak position (as my husband correctly points out) and I have to be tolerant (which is not any of my strengths). I cannot expect instant acceptance and respect but my head tells me different.

Anyway. I have not picked up a drink today. I am now 3 days sober and know I won't pick up a drink today because my danger time has passed.  I am about to go and clean up the disaster in the kitchen that I walked away from because I was going to buy into bullshit and start dinner.

Mrs D commented on my blog today. I have three real positives to take out of today. 1) I spoke to my mum (baby steps on my part - I just want to blast in  and forget)  - people don't forget and sometimes it is hard to forgive - problem being an alcoholic like me - just because I don't remember because of the alchohol does not mean that others don't remember - because they do.
2) Mrs D commented and gave me support.
3) I now have 1 follower -  go me :)

There is hope for me yet. :)

Will check in later.

Well it is now 8.17pm I was so angry with my middle child she had a cold dinner and I have not spoken to her yet. I have been in the bath. Not picked up a drink but have a massive headache.

Lovely that I can see people viewing my page. I now have 2 followers which is cool. Would love positive comments and support as will keep me going and more followers. Great

Thank you and go me and all the others struggling tonight :)


14 comments:

  1. I'll be a follower! I'm even behind you, just thinking I might have a problem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome. Go us :) you can always email me at mrsstryingtobesober@gmail.com if you want to chat

      Delete
    2. thanks for that, was out with friends last night, very difficult as I was so pleased to see them!, We did have fun but did have guilty conscience when I got home

      Delete
    3. Today is a new day. Hang in there. I am having a crap morning so nice to hear other people struggling as well. Going to start todays blog soon.

      Delete
  2. I will follow you too ! What a journey you have had over the last few years. Life can be so, so hard. Hang in there. It will get so much better without the wine !!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am struggling this morning :(

      Delete
  3. Stay Strong... you CAN do this... every day you don't give in to the cravings is another step closer to winning this massive horrendously full on battle you started within yourself. the kids will behave today how they will regardless of what YOIU do today, but I promise you that all the bullshit surrounding the kids will get better, I truly believe that you can not control peoples action BUT you can control your reactions!! and as your reactions to there behaviour starts to change they will see this and feel it and so will you, and then you will start to have control again.... control of yourself, no longer on a awful sickening rollercoaster ride of destructive ...Oh my heart goes out to you, I'm choosing not to drink today, I made that decision 45days ago after having made life sooo terribly hard for myself and my family, I'm sending you the very best vibes that you can struggle through the day without a blasted drink and when you get into your bed tonight sober.... oh how good will that feel just picture that..... YOU CAN DO THIS xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 45 days is amazing. I think the longest I have managed to stay sober is 30 days. Thank you for your encouragement is means al lot to me xx

      Delete
  4. Thank you for your positive comment on Mrs Ds blog. I'm new to blogging.... Elderly according to Radio news.. An elderly woman went missing last week... she was 60. That made me feel more depressed. I live alone and wine is my best friend. Thinking about a bottle right now as I write. I'm 12 kms from the nearest shop selling wine, but that's too close... will make another cuppa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Age is a figment of ones imagination you are only as old as you feel, I know what you mean about being too close. I would go to any length to get my friend and when I was not allowed to drive I would walk in any weather just to get my wine and if I drank it and wanted more or some annoying family member tipped it out I would go back and get more. How pathetic. Hang in there and keep in contact xx

      Delete
  5. Actually it was Mary Davis who made the comment to me on Mrs Ds blog. As I said I'm new to this. I am following you though. A journey together. It feels quite comforting knowing there are women out there I can talk to and relate to, because I sure have no one here to talk to. This is day one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am Mary Davis :) and let us have this journey together. Hang in there xx

    ReplyDelete

  7. hi,
    The lady farmer is having a relapse.. too much stress.. got to get my act together again. The sirens of the grape proved too alluring. But have a visitor for two weeks so will try to be strong!



    ReplyDelete
  8. Parents really need to expect that their children will grow and will try to be independent in making their own decisions. Just try to understand them. Anyway, you must have had such a great day because of your new purchase, in the form of a heater that didn't cost too much. The new model sounds interesting. Just always look at the brighter side of life, Cherie. Thanks for sharing that! All the best to you and your family!

    Melody Keller @ Mountaineer Heat Cool

    ReplyDelete