Thursday 7 August 2014

Thursday, August 7th 2014 - Well done Mrs D Again :)

Well it is 8.34am on this calm morning and I have been glued to the computer for the last hour. I have been looking at the neat website that Mrs D created and I am blown away with the amount of members already and it hasn't even been active for 24 hours yet.

I notice that some of my fellow bloggers have joined and have even put up some photos and it is great to match a face with a name. I might be game enough to do that later today.

Yesterday was great as far as being sober goes. I am back to day two today and after reading through the "sober treats" section of the website I have decided to treat myself to some cheap fresh flowers - just a small bunch because I only made it through yesterday. I have also decided that if I make it through tomorrow I will treat myself to something little. I want to avoid chocolate and ice-cream because I really want to lose weight to but I just need to focus on staying sober first.

I have got sickness through my house with all three of my kids ill. I was quite worried for a while yesterday when temperatures spiked at 39 degrees. If I wasn't sober I would not have managed all three of them (even though they are all teenagers they still need mum when they are sick). I would have panicked but instead I calmly administered Coldral and Nurophen and checked temperatures every hour. They all rugged up and came downstairs to the family room and watched movies. Well, in amongst dozing off. I so hope I don't get this bug. It appears to be a form of flu because they have absolutely no energy.

What am I doing today to keep myself sober? Well, I plan to spend a bit of time sitting here reading blogs and looking at the website. I have been invited (yes me) to test drive a brand new car which is not on the market yet to put my "two cents worth" about the car. I don't know anything about cars accept to drive them. Of course, the guy is going to want to sign me up to buy one but he will be wasting his time. Apparently, I also get a copy of Al Browns' latest cookbook free. That should be fun. I may even break out the boots and put on some lipstick! Same old chores but I might do some baking and pop around and see mum and a visit to the library.

The kids are not well enough to go to school but now don't need to be watched either. The fever has gone and they are just at the stage where they need to sleep to recovery. I don't feel like I am neglecting them

Last night I went and had a bath at wine - o'clock and although it was still really early 5pm I did it and got into my pjs and made dinner that way. My thought was that if I was dressed for bed I would not get the urge to go out and buy wine and that would make sure I stayed sober. I worked.

I know all this and I know how to stay sober I just don't always try hard enough.

Well off to start my day. I will be back later and I will be on the website under the name Cherie (obvious reasons).

Have a good day.

Cherie xx

6 comments:

  1. Well done Cherie - you are like me, an absolute expert on Day 1's! Push through today and tomorrow you will be on Day 3 and be so proud of yourself. It sounds like you have a busy and fun day lined up which is great - I'm on Day 6 and have found that keeping really busy/changing my routine this week has been the key to getting to this point. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you. Booze has got it's clutches into you very strongly but you. can. do. this. Go Cherie! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely can do this! And now I see you have put your picture up, I think I will too. You are making me feel brave. We are all in this together chick xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we get our courage from each other. I was dreading putting a photo up because it means you are no longer :just a name" you are a person with a face" I actually got encouraged by my youngest (13) and she took and posted the photos. . She also wrote the sobriety sign too. I fell really blessed today. Put a photo up then we can visualise actually talking to someone even if you are not in the same room. :)

    Cherie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Cherie. The baths seem to be working. Like I said yesterday, maybe I should try them too! I see you've joined Mrs D's website too. Great photo btw! I have joined too even though I feel a bit like a fraud at the moment. Ax

    ReplyDelete