Tuesday 22 July 2014

Tuesday, 22 July 2014

The time is 11.19am and I am trying to keep calm. I can feel the anger inside building up but I am determined to push through it.

Why am I angry? Well, it is day 2 of the new school term and my youngest has flatly refused (and I mean refused) to get up and go to school because she is tired. Boo Hoo.  I have no sympathy because her sleeping pattern is out of whack because she would not go to bed at a reasonable time and then would sleep until 1pm. I knew that the kids sleeping late would end up biting me on the bum and it has today. So anyway, I tried the nicey nicey, I tried the wet flannel, I tried the bribery, I tried the guilt trip and nothing worked. All she said to me was (excuse language) "fuck off mum and go and get drunk because that is all you are good for". God that hurt!! What have I done? Not get drunk for a start and I am patting myself on the back for that but it is only early in the day. I just need to push through until 6pm and then I will be good. I need to tell myself two things 1) I don't need a drink and 2) don't let her win by drinking. I am giving  her the ice treatment because she is waiting for my attention. I have not made her any food or intend to , I am only speaking when spoken to and the answers are very abrupt. I have not rung the school to make excuses for her and as far as I am concerned she can suffer the consequences.Go me :).

I hope I keep strong because in my post yesterday I mentioned about over- compensating. I so want to encourage her and I have tried but not been successful. I think best course of action is to ignore, ignore, ignore and not make it my problem. The thing is that it becomes my problem. Just this minute when I was tyrping this blog I got a text from school to say she was not there. I have responded by telling them to "mark her as truant and refer to the Dean". I feel mean doing that but my children have no idea about the real world. They think that they can do whatever they want, when they want and to whom they want and there will be no consequences. She is not happy that I am not ringing her in sick and has just come back to me and said that if I don't call her in she will say that I was drunk and couldn't. Whatever - Grrr.

Later

5 comments:

  1. Stay strong Cherie. Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind (not that you're being cruel, but you know what I mean) They certainly test your limits don't they?! Hope you have a good day. A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter was exactly like that and it just about killed me. Time does heal. She's a 26 year old mother of an infant and thinks I'm the cats pajamas now. .. always calling for advice, etc. But while you are living their dramas it's hell. Keep doing as you are doing. Every time I bailed mine out, I regretted it. Kids will call you a drunk for a while because they think you are going to relapse and they know the words hurt... prove them wrong my friend. xoxox DEB

    ReplyDelete
  3. So angry going to get pedicures to try and calm down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete