Monday 28 July 2014

Monday 28 July 2014

Hello all. Yes I made it through a Monday with no drinking. I am sober . Yay me :-)).This is the first Monday for a few weeks that I have managed to stay sober.

I went to mum's for lunch for the first time by myself for months.  I was on trust that I would not drink and drive. I didn't and she was thrilled.  I did a couple of chores for her and came back to a very relieved son that I hadn't been drinking.  I then did things like I would expect a normal stay at home mum would do.  Washing, vacuuming, baking and being sober when my youngest arrived home with a couple of friends.  She gave me s bug hug when they left and said thanks for being sober today.  I then went picked up my middle child and took her for an overdue blood test. She was thrilled I was sober and I had some fun with her. Cooked a lovely roast and hubby was  relieved that he came home to a sober wife. That's a rare occurrence on a Monday.  Watched tv and just  came upstairs to do this.  I am chuffed with myself and although 3 days sober is nothing it is a big achievement for me.


Cherie xx

2 comments:

  1. Three days sober and especially if one of those days falls on a trigger day is FANTASTIC!! Cherie, your kids all noticed and were thrilled. Always keep this post handy to refer to when you want a drink. Re-read it and celebrate it. Do whatever it takes to keep the momentum going. You are my hero. I KNOW what an accomplishment it is. When I hit three days a few months ago, I was doing backflips (in my mind LOL). At seven days I was ecstatic because a whole week had passed and I was on repeat mode. Plan a treat for yourself next Sunday when you've done the whole week!! You deserve it, girl!

    ReplyDelete